Dr Peter John McGregor
Dogmatic Theology and Spiritual Theology
BA (UNE, 1982), DipEd (Sydney, 1984), BTh (SCD, 1991), GradDipTh (SCD, 1996), TheolM (MCD, 2009), PhD (ACU, 2014)
+61 2 9752 9517
- PhD summa cum laude (Australian Catholic University) – 2014
- TheolM (Melbourne College of Divinity) – 2009
- GradDipTh (Sydney College of Divinity) – 1996
- BTh (Sydney College of Divinity) – 1991
- DipEd (University of Sydney) – 1984
- BA (University of New England) – 1982
- The Theology of Joseph Ratzinger
- The Nature of Theology
- The relationship between Theology and Spirituality
- Fundamental Theology
- The Theological Anthropology of the Heart
Peter has over 30 years’ experience in evangelisation, catechesis, and religious education. Before coming to CIS in 2016 he was the Manager of Studies at the Catholic Adult Education Centre, and Adjunct Lecturer in Theology at the University of Notre Dame Australia, both in Sydney.
Peter is a member of the Emmanuel Community (Communauté de l’Emmanuel), a community of lay people, priests, and consecrated people within the Catholic Church. As a member of the Community, he has been involved in various evangelistic outreaches: prayer meetings, parish missions, mercy nights, Zacchaeus (a course on Catholic social teaching), Love and Truth (a marriage enrichment program), youth outreaches, an international youth forum, World Youth Day 2008, street evangelisation, and parish visitation. He has been a lecturer at the Emmanuel School of Mission in Manila. Currently, he serves as a spiritual and theological formation provider to community members. Peter is married, with two children.
- “Synodality and the Australian Plenary Council: Listening to and Looking at Those Who are Living in the Spirit.” Irish Theological Quarterly (forthcoming).
- Kevin Wagner, M. Isabell Naumann, and Peter John McGregor, eds. Ecclesiology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2020.
- “Reading Deus Caritas Est ” In Ecclesiology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium, edited by Kevin Wagner, M. Isabell Naumann and Peter John McGregor, 169–90. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2020.
- “Conversion of Heart According to Luke.” Journal of Gospel and Acts Research 3 (2019): 56–68.
- “Theologising with a Pure Heart According to Joseph Ratzinger.” Australasian Catholic Record 96, no. 2 (2019): 178–89.
- “Is Lonergan’s Method Theological?” Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosophy, Politics 5, no. 1 (2019): 61–99.
- Kevin Wagner, M. Isabell Naumann, Peter John McGregor and Paul Morrissey, eds. Mariology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2017.
- “Mary as Priest, Prophet, and King.” In Mariology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium, edited by Kevin Wagner et al., 163–82. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2017.
- “Leitourgia: The Missing Link in Evangelii Gaudium.” Irish Theological Quarterly 84, no. 1 (2018): 57–76.
- Heart to Heart: The Spiritual Christology of Joseph Ratzinger. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2016.
- “The Final Reconciliation: Joseph Ratzinger’s ‘Spiritual Christology’ and the Re-Spiritualisation of Theology.” Orientale Lumen, Australasia and Oceania IV: Churches East and West Questioning the Modern Context, ed. Lawrence Cross and Birute Arendarcikas, 93–100. Bayswater, VIC: Freedom Publishing, 2015.
- “Is There a Pneumatological Lacuna in the ‘Spiritual Christology’ of Joseph Ratzinger?” Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosophy, Politics 2, no. 3 (2014): 335–78.
- “The ‘Spiritual Christology’ of Joseph Ratzinger/Pope Benedict XVI: An Exposition and Analysis of its Principles.” Radical Orthodoxy: Theology, Philosophy, Politics 2, no. 1 (2014): 51–89.
- “Book Review: Benedict XVI and the Sacred Liturgy: Proceedings of the First Fota International Liturgy Conference, edited by Neil J. Roy and Janet E. Rutherford.” Nova et Vetera 11, no. 4 (2013): 1292–96.
- “Priests, Prophets and Kings: The Mission of the Church According to John Paul II.” Irish Theological Quarterly 78, no. 1 (2013): 61–78.
- “The Universal Mission of the Church According to Pope John Paul II.” New Blackfriars 93, no. 1046 (2012): 457–74.
- “The Role of the Eucharist in the Salvation of All: A Reconnaissance.” Pro Ecclesia 21, no. 2 (2012): 145–68.
- “The Universal Work of the Holy Spirit in the Missiology of Pope John Paul II.” Irish Theological Quarterly 77, no. 1 (2012): 83–98.
- “New World, New Pentecost, New Church: Pope John Paul II’s Understanding of New Evangelisation.” Australian eJournal of Theology 17, no. 1, art. 8 (2010): 77–94. http://aejt.com.au/2010/issue_17. (Reprinted in Compass: A Review of Topical Theology 46, no. 1 (2012): 18–31.)