Dr Rohan Curnow
BA (ANU, 1998), BTheol (ACU, 2003), MA (ACU, 2001), MTh (SCD, 2006), STL (Regis College, 2009), ThD (Toronto, 2011), STD (Regis College, 2014)
+ 61 2 9752 9522
- Doctor of Sacred Theology (Summa cum laude), Collegium Christi Regis, Toronto (2014)
- Doctor of Theology, Regis College and University of Toronto (2011)
- Licentiate in Sacred Theology (Summa cum laude), Collegium Christi Regis, Toronto (2009)
- Advanced Diploma in Lonergan Studies (Summa cum laude), Regis College, Toronto (2009)
- Master of Theology (Theology), Sydney College of Divinity (Catholic Institute of Sydney) (2006)
- Master of Arts (Theology), Australian Catholic University (Signadou) (2001)
- Bachelor of Theology (Theology and Biblical Studies), Australian Catholic University (Signadou) (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy and Religious Studies), Australian National University (1998)
Areas of Research Interest
Anthropology, Methodology, Latin American Liberation Theology, Historical Jesus Studies and Systematic Christology
I completed the earlier tranche of my tertiary education in Canberra at the Australian National University and the Australian Catholic University. Three semesters in Sydney saw me complete a Master of Theology at the Catholic Insitute of Sydney before heading back to Canberra to teach at ACU for eighteen months. I read for my doctorate at Regis College at the University of Toronto from 2006. I joined the faculty at the Catholic Institute of Sydney as a lecturer in theology upon my return to Australia in 2010.
I am a member of Alpha Sigma Nu and an Affiliate Research Fellow at the Australian Catholic University. I served as the Secretary of the Australian Catholic Theological Association from 2012–2015 and I was its Vice President from 2016–2019. I was a Post-Doctoral Fellow at the Lonergan Institute at Boston College for Semester 2, 2016.
At CIS I held the position of Academic Registrar from 2013 until early 2016 at which time I was appointed Academic Dean. In 2018 I was appointed to the position of Deputy President at CIS.
- Del Nevo, Matthew, Robert Andrews and Rohan Curnow, eds. Beauty and Christian Tradition. Strathfield, NSW: St Pauls Publications, 2020.
- “Which Preferential Option for the Poor? A History of the Doctrine’s Bifurcation.” Modern Theology 31, no. 1 (2015): 29–59.
- The Preferential Option for the Poor: A Short History and a Reading Based on the Thought of Bernard Lonergan. Milwaukee, WI: Marquette University Press, 2014.
- “Stirrings of the Preferential Option for the Poor at Vatican II: The Work of the ‘Group of the Church of the Poor’.” Australasian Catholic Record 89, no. 4 (2012): 420–32.
- “History, Society, and the Hermeneutics of the Poor: A Preliminary Exploration of the Understanding of the Preferential Option for the Poor in Robert Doran’s Theology and the Dialectics of History.” Method: Journal of Lonergan Studies 1, no. 2 (2010): 105–23.
- “John O’Malley on Vatican II and Bernard Lonergan’s Realms of Meaning.” Irish Theological Quarterly 75, no. 22 (2010): 188–203.
- “Robert Doran’s Theology of History and the Liberation of the Poor.” In Meaning and History in Systematic Theology: Essays in Honor of Robert M. Doran, SJ, edited by John D. Dadosky, 51–70. Milwaukee, WI: Marquette University Press, 2009.
- “Theos, Cosmos and Anthropos: Trinity, Incarnation and Creation in the Framework of Raimon Panikkar’s Cosmothreandric Vision.” Australian eJournal of Theology 6, no. 1, art. 7 (2006): 1–17. http://aejt.com.au/2006/vol_6_no_1_2006.