Prof. M. Isabell Naumann ISSM
ThD/STD (Dayton/Rome, 1999)
+ 61 2 9752 9521
Doctor of Theology / Doctor of Sacred Theology, Dayton / Rome (1999)
Ecclesiology, Marian Studies, Theological Anthropology, Theological Hermeneutics
President of the Catholic Institute of Sydney, the Australian Ecclesiastical Faculty for Theology, Philosophy and Ministry and Professor Ordinarius for Systematic Theology. In my research, I specialize in the area of correlation between ecclesiology, theological anthropology and Marian studies with publications in these areas. Having lectured in the USA, Philippines, Taiwan, Italy and Germany, I serve on various national and international academic boards and councils including the Pontifical Council for Culture, Rome. I am a member of the Secular Institute of the Schoenstatt Sisters of Mary where I hold the position of province vicar for Australia and the Philippines.
- Wagner, Kevin, M. Isabell Naumann and Peter John McGregor, eds. Ecclesiology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2020.
- “Type and Antitype: Aspects of the Mary-Church Relationship in Pre-Conciliar Works.” In Ecclesiology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium, edited by Kevin Wagner, M. Isabell Naumann and Peter John McGregor, 237–51. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2020.
- “Woman—Dignity and Charisma.” WOOMB International Bulletin 46, no. 3 (2019): 4–10.
- “The Hearer of the Word and God’s Order.” In Kulturelle Wirkungen der Reformation / Cultural Impact of the Reformation, Vol. 2: Kongressdokumentation, Lutherstadt Wittenberg, August 2017, edited by Klaus Fitschen et al., 355–64. Leipzig: Evangelische Verlagsanstalt, 2018.
- Wagner, Kevin, M. Isabell Naumann, Peter John McGregor and Paul Morrissey, eds. Mariology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2017.
- “Luke 1:26–38 as a Model of Dialogue.” In Mariology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium, edited by Kevin Wagner et al., 183–93. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2017.
- “Mariology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium.” In Mariology at the Beginning of the Third Millennium, edited by Kevin Wagner et al., 1–31. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications, 2017.
- “La Mariología al comienzo del tercer milenio.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 67, no. 3 (2017): 253–80.
- “Chronological Table of Marian Events,” with Richard Lenar. In Do Whatever He Tells You: Marian Spirituality in the Faith and Life of Catholic Christians, edited by John Vayalilkarottu, 367–405. Cochin, India: Grayfriars Publications, 2017.
- “The Schoenstatt Shrine: A Centre of Marian Spirituality.” In Do Whatever He Tells You: Marian Spirituality in the Faith and Life of Catholic Christians, edited by John Vayalilkarottu, 176–92. Cochin, India: Grayfriars Publications, 2017.
- “The Immaculata: Reflection on Divine Beauty and Divine Mercy.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 66, no. 4 (2016): 375–88.
- “The Magnificat and the Poor in Asia-Oceania: An Exposition of Mary in the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Verbum Domini.” Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life (October 2016). http://www.laityfamilylife.va/content/laityfamilylife/en/sezione-laici/la-vocazione-della-donna.html.
- “Pentecost: Between Hope and Expectation.” In Llamados ‘a una esperanza viva’ (1P 1,3), Actos del Congreso Mariológico Mariano Internacional de Sevilla, 27–30 de mayo 2014, edited by Stefano M. Cecchin, 127–67. Vatican: Pontificia Academia Mariana Internationalis, 2015.
- “Women, Cultures and Dialogue: ‘No Ecology Without an Adequate Anthropology’ (Laudato Si’, n. 118).” Culture e Fede 33, no. 2 (2015): 208–21.
- “Adventus Spiritus—Hope and the Abiding Presence of the Holy Spirit in the Church.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 64, no. 4 (2014): 427–51.
- “Priestly Ministry.” Solidarity: The Journal of Catholic Social Thought and Secular Ethics 4, no. 1, art. 4 (2014). https://researchonline.nd.edu.au/solidarity/vol4/iss1/.
- “A Sense of Place: The Icon of the Shrine.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 63, no. 3 (2013): 309–22.
- “The Immaculata as the Fully Redeemed Person and Model for the followers of Christ.” In Mary, Woman of Faith. Proceedings of the Third Asia-Oceania Mariological Conference (Dagupan, Philippines), edited by Ronald D. Mactal, 25–39. Dagupan: Eres Printing Corporation, 2013.
- “The Communio Fideliumin Vatican II: Its Eucharistic Identity and Marian Dimension.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 62, no. 3 (2012): 345–56.
- “Mary and the new Evangelization of Asia: A Perspective on Human Development.” Second Asia-Oceania Mariological Conference (AOMC), Cultura e Fede 19, no. 4 (2011): 382–3.
- “Transformed by the Word—The Marian Response: An Exposition of Mary in the Post-Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Verbum Domini.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 61, no. 3 (2011): 325–42.
- “The Annunciation Narrative as a Model of Dialogue.” In Mary and the New Evangelization of Asia: Forerunner, Witness and Fullness. Proceedings from the Asia-Oceania Mariological Conference (Manila, 12–16 September, 2009), 23–33. Lipa: P Putativus Publishing House, 2011.
- “Reflection on the Plenary Assembly: The Culture of Communication and New Language.” Cultura e Fede 19, no. 1 (2011): 75–7.
- “The Priest, the Virgin Mary and the Dignity of Women.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 60, no. 4 (2010): 455–71.
- “Mary as the Anthropological Model in the Thought of J. Kentenich.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 59, no. 1 (2009): 31–47.
- “Is Mary a Manifestation of the Maternal Face of God?” Ephemerides Mariologicae 59, no. 2 (2009): 273–82.
- “A Place for Many Cultures and Nations.” Cultura e Fede 16, no. 4 (2008): 258–72.
- “The Anthropology of Father Joseph Kentenich and the Image of Mary.” In The Virgin Mary and the Theology of the Body, edited by Donald H. Callaway, 227–53. West Chester, PA: Ascension Press, 2007.
- “Aspects of Mary and the Church throughout the Centuries” (2005). In http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/resources/maryandchurch.htm
- “Mary as Model of Church (Communio Ecclesiology) and Trinitarian Relationship.” Ephemerides Mariologicae 50, no. 4 (2000): 401–24.