The following categories of people may borrow from the Veech Library.
- All full-time and part-time CIS students, staff and faculty
- Students from other SCD institutions, (whether or not undertaking subjects at CIS)
- Teaching staff from other SCD institutions
- Catholic clergy and religious
- Students and faculty according to other Institutional Agreements
- Past students of the Catholic Institute (a fee applies)
Other interested persons (living within the Sydney metropolitan area) may apply to become a Subscription Borrower on payment of an annual fee of $75.00
New visitors are welcome and should introduce themselves to staff at the Information Desk.
What can be borrowed?
- Books, DVDs and CDs in the Main lending Collection. Only CIS students may borrow items marked “Reserve.”
- Resources in the Special Collections, Reference and Periodical collections are for in-house Library use only
Join the Veech Library
Please fill in the Membership Application and bring a photo ID with you when you visit us.
Library staff are there to:
- assist you in finding resources for your research and study needs
- demonstrate use of the Library catalogue and electronic resources
Please ask Information Desk staff for assistance at any time.
All book and periodical titles held by the Veech Library are listed on the computer catalogue.
Veech Library members have access to a range of databases which are accessible, in house and remotely, via the library homepage.
Photocopying and Scanning
The library has copier available for the convenience of users providing both photocopying and scanning capacities. Charges apply for photocopying however scanning is a free service.
Laptop computers can be used at most desks on the main floor of the Library provided that surrounding users are not disturbed in any way.
Access for people with disabilities
The Library is fully accessible. Contact the Information Desk on 9752 9530 for details.