Rev Dr Luke Holohan sm
BA (Qld), AssDipRelSt(UnionThInst), DipEd (SydInstEd), BTh (SCD), GradDipMinLead (SCD), PhD (TCD), DipEdSt (CoT, London)
+ 61 2 9752 9500
- Graduate Diploma of Teaching, London College of Teachers (2010)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Trinity College, Dublin (1998)
- Graduate Diploma in Ministerial Leadership, Sydney College of Divinity (1987)
- Bachelor of Theology, Sydney College of Divinity (1986)
- Graduate Diploma of Education, Sydney Institute of Education (1983)
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Queensland (1982)
I am a priest of the Society of Mary, having been ordained to the priesthood in 1988. I am Lecturer in Christian Ethics at the Catholic Institute of Sydney, having been appointed to the faculty in 2017, and Senior Lecturer in Theology at Campion College, Australia’s first Liberal Arts College, where I have been a member of faculty since 2006. I am also Adjunct Senior Lecturer in the School of Philosophy & Theology, Sydney at the University of Notre Dame Australia, and have been a lecturer at the Australian Catholic University and the Aquinas Academy, where for several years I coordinated the Certificate of Religious Studies program for teachers in Catholic schools. For most of my priestly ministry, I worked at the Marist parish at Church Hill in the inner city of Sydney. My principal research interest is the relationship between political philosophy and Christian social ethics.
- “Christian Ethics.” In Theology and the People of God: So We Pray, So We Believe, So We Live, edited by Anthony M. Maher, 307–22. Strathfield, NSW: St Pauls Publications, 2021.
- “Prophetic and Dialectical? A Public Church’s Quest for an Effective Engagement with Culture.” In God, Freedom and Nature: Proceedings of the 2008 Biennial Conference in Philosophy, Religion and Culture, edited by Ronald S. Laura, Rachel A. Buchanan and Amy K. Chapman, 35–41. Sydney: Body and Soul Dynamics, 2012.
- “Education, Politics and Freedom: Aristotle’s Politics and the Political Task for Christian Theology.” In Geoffrey Caban, ed., Education Through the Liberal Arts, edited by Geoffrey Caban, 17–24. Kensington, NSW: Warrane Monographs, 2010.